Friday, November 2, 2007

GSE Team Member Natalie Forrest



Hi, I’m a 34 year old journalist who’s excited to be able to explore her profession overseas as part of Rotary’s Group Study Exchange.

I live in Canberra, Australia’s capital, with my husband Clinton and our two dogs. We have lived on the Eastern side of the country for about 4 years. My husband and I are both sandgroppers (originally born in Western Australia). We’ve been married for about 5 years. Both our families are from the West Coast, so we frequently return for visits. But we love living in the nation’s capital, its diversity, all it has to offer and its centrality to most places.

I have been a TV journalist for the past 10 years after graduating with a Bachelor of Arts, double major in English and Media from Edith Cowan University in WA. I currently work as a News Editor/Presenter for Prime Television, responsible for 50 news updates each day across 3 states. I also teach Broadcast Journalism and Journalistic Writing at the Canberra Institute of Technology.

In my spare time, I enjoy traveling and getting outside with our two pups. I play netball, love watching movies, catching up with friends, shopping, and reading.

I’m very excited at the opportunity to head to Indiana in 2008 and the chance to learner and meet a wide variety of people.

No comments: