Friday, November 2, 2007

GSE Team Member Cathy Crawford

I am 38 years old and grew up on the farm here at Yarra since I was 5 years old. I now live in my grandmothers old stone farm house that I have been gradually doing up for the past 12 years. I love spending time in the garden, riding my horses and playing with my two border collar dogs.

I obtained a Bachelor of Arts degree in Sydney and started teaching secondary mathematics in Macquarie Fields. I retrained in the Natural Resource Management Field after teaching for nine years. Over the last 5 years I have worked as a Riparian Coordinator (working on rivers), caring for Council land, landcare coordinator for the Southern Tablelands and a Weed Resilient Landscape officer. I now work in the vertebrate pest management field as a Program Development Officer for the Department of Primary Industries.

During my spare time I am chair of my local landcare group, currently we are looking to rejuvenate our Yarra tennis courts, I sing with a number of local choirs and enjoy the odd musical performance with the local musical society. Currently I am rehearsing for Footrot Flats the Musical. I love to travel when I have the time, go dancing and spending time with my friends.

No comments: