Friday, November 2, 2007

GSE Team Member Matt Crozier


I am a 35 year old only child. I was born in Canberra and grew up around the district. I live on a farm that I own with my wife Mandy near Bungendore, which is about 45 minutes drive from Canberra. We raise beef cattle on our 450 acres. We have two sons Charlie who is 4 and Max who is 2. They love growing up on the farm with animals around, learning to grow veggies, ride horses and motorbikes.
I studied Farm Management at Orange Agricultural College and have under taken many vocational based training courses since.
I am currently the General Manager of Gidleigh Pastoral Company, a 6600 acre agricultural operation located next door to our home. It is owned by a city based business group. We run 10,000 Merino sheep for wool production and 900 Angus beef cattle. We carry out some cropping of grain for stock feed and have 7 rental houses on the farm that we property manage. I am passionate about modern sustainable agriculture and improving the environment that I look after. My goal is to leave the land in better shape than when I took it over.
Previously I owned and ran an agricultural contracting and consulting business performing a range of tasks for other farmers in our area. I had a 5 year stint as a Futures Trader on the Sydney Futures Exchange making my living out of trading interest rate, currency and agricultural markets. I have managed or worked on other farms throughout NSW including my parent’s who are now retired.
In my very scarce spare time I enjoy playing polocrosse, camping, fishing, hunting and skiing. I enjoy spending time with my family and friends, eating out and watching rugby union and cricket.

1 comment:

floyd514 said...

Matt--Betty Lou and I are looking forward to hosting you during your stay in Fort Wayne. I know you have been emailing Bob Moore and planning your vocation day during your stay. Everything is going along fine on our end and hope the same for your and the other members of the team. Unfortunately, we are experiencing very cold temps at this time and are hoping that you and the others are planning on "warming things up" a bit.

Floyd and Betty Lou Lancia