Friday, May 9, 2008

Our last day - vocation



Well it is hard to believe that this is our last day of the GSE. We headed off to our different areas of vocation and Matt and I went together to see Taltree Arboretum. We had a fascinating time looking at real prairie grasses and seeing the diversity of plants there. We also got to have a look at a wetland and my first beaver dam. After that we had a lovely lunch at the Holy Macaroni and then moved on to a cutting horse ranch. We got to ride a couple of their highly trained horses and see how they trained them on bison.


We finished up the evening having a lovely dinner with many of the Rotarian's that we had the honour of meeting and/or staying with over the last month. It was both a happy reunion of those who we had meet at the beginning and then sad final goodbyes as we are now moving on to the next stage. For me it was very sad but not goodbye but see you soon.


I head out tomorrow on my next month's trip and for any that may be interested I will try and keep some information on the blog of my progress when I get near a computer. Until next time!


Cheers


Cath

2 comments:

Michael Michelmore said...

Hi Cath, all
You wrote: We also got to have a look at a wetland and my first beaver dam.
... we feel it is inappropriate to comment re the battery jokes?
It's great you all had such a good time, we will miss your updates. Cath you must keep in touch via this blogg or by email, what will we do each night for entertainment.
Love, light, peaches and ice cream
Mich n Sue xoxoxoxox

Ana Boman said...

The Auburn Club will love to hear updates from all of the team members and also from you Cath on your upcoming trips and adventures.
Please keep us posted!!
Have a G'Day Mates!
Ana Boman