Thursday, April 24, 2008

The Truth.

I just wanted to post something tonight to tell everyone the truth about what is going on over here. I believe the time is now right to tell my story. Yes it is true that I was detained by immigration for three hours while trying to enter the US. No it is not true that Osama was mentioned at any point in the interview. It is also not true that any unwanted searches took place while I was in custody. I managed to survive this ordeal with little or no support from the team. On release I found one man that had the strength to overcome adversity and wait for me, Steve our illustrious leader. He had sacrificed himself in support of me, possibly only so he could have a break from flying and inbibe some precious fluids whilst in the waiting lounge but he had waited none the less.
Talking of interviews Cathy and I were interviewed by WNDU for half an hour today about the state of Australian agriculture and Natalie our resident news anchor watched on, please explain? On a more serious note Nat was in her element, she was like a kid in a candy shop today with us visiting two TV stations. She was nearly as excited as she gets when she sights a shoe shop, which has led us to start calling her "the centerpeed".
Cathy is doing a fabulous job of keeping up our blog which is a fabulous feat as her camera batteries go flat everytime she says "full as a goog", which she says alot over here due to the amount of hospitality we have had to enjoy, attempt, conquer or endure. (it's all good but everyone feeds us so well)
Andrew is going along well. He is a little tempted to become Amish as he has some new friends that think english is his second language, we have always thought that but haven't been game to say it. I think it is because he quite fancies the idea of growing the beard and going bare foot. His photography is getting better which is good because Nat has high standards and has officially made him her personal photographer.
Steve is taking on the job of Team Leader with real dedication. He has started to call us "kids". He is definately taking on a really paternal tone, probably thinking that will bring him more respect. We all know this is not going to happen but I don't have the heart to tell him. How could I offend him when he was the one who had the guts to wait for me in San Francisco.
So you can see the team is lacking unity. I will do everything in my power to bring them togther despite the difficult situation and I will keep you posted with my progress.
Signing off for now. Matt

1 comment:

Michael Michelmore said...

Hi Matt,
You wrote: It is also not true that any unwanted searches took place while I was in custody.
Yes, life is full of disappointments.

You wrote: ... as her camera batteries go flat everytime ...
We wonder what else she is using these batteries for?

Laugh light n use Energizers
Sue n Mich xoxoxo